Skilled Independent Visa Australia (Subclass 189)
The Skilled Independent Visa Australia, also known as the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189), is applicable for skilled migrant workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a relative, or nominated by the Australian State or Territory. This program allows applicants to live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
- Must receive an Invitation through EOI (Expression of Interest) to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa Australia.
- The occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
- Must have a relevant skills assessment for the nominated occupation.
- Must be under 45 years old.
- Must meet the score specified in the EOI invitation based on the factors in the points test.
- Must have a competent level in English.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
The Skilled Independent Visa Australia offers a pathway for skilled individuals to migrate to Australia based on their qualifications and experience. By meeting the specific criteria, applicants have the opportunity to pursue their careers and enjoy the benefits of permanent residency in Australia.character requirements
Do I need sponsorship to apply for Subclass 189?
No, Subclass 189 is an independent visa and therefore doesn’t require sponsorship. However, we consider the competition to be high for subclass 189 and therefore we suggest to always keep options open for other subclasses as well.
Can I include my partner and children in subclass 189 application?
Yes, you can include your family members (spouse and children) in your visa application.
What is the benefit of subclass 189 as compared to subclass 190 and subclass 491?
Once a visa is granted under subclass 189, the applicant is free to move and settle in any part of Australia.