Training Visa (Subclass 407)
The training visa enables employers to sponsor employees for workplace training in occupational training activities and professional development activities. This visa can be granted for up to 2 years and can be a possible option for employees who are unable to meet TSS (subclass 482) requirements. The visa holder can continue to work for a sponsor while undertaking training as per structured training plan provided by the employer.
This visa can be applied for undertake 3 types of occupational training:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
- Applicant must be nominated by approved sponsor
- Applicant must have 12 months experience in the last 24 months in nominated occupation.
What is the visa validity of subclass 407?
Subclass 407 can be granted up to 2 years, though it varies from case to case.
Will I get a bridging visa while the onshore visa application is processing?
Yes, as per the Australian migration law, Subclass 407 visa applied onshore is eligible for bridging visa while processing of visa is underway.