Student Visa (Subclass 500)

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

The procedure to obtain a student visa includes submitting the application to the Australian institution, receiving a Letter of Offer to start a full-time study program, and receiving electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). Our Migration Agent in Australia can assist you in carrying out the entire process without any hassle.


  • Enroll in a course of study that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant with genuine intention to study and stay temporarily in Australia.
  • Provide evidence of English language proficiency with visa application.
  • Evidence of sufficient financial capacity to cover all the expenses during the intended stay in Australia. This includes covering course fees, travel, and living costs for you and any accompanying family members.
  • Hold adequate health insurance for the whole period of stay in Australia.
  • Meet the Australian health requirements (a health examination may be required).
  • Meet the character requirements (a police certificate may also be required).
  • If under 18 years old, social welfare agreements must be in place for the duration of the student’s stay in Australia.

Navigating the student visa application process can be complex, which is why having the support of a student visa consultant and Migration agents in Australia is crucial. At Indeedvisa, our experienced student visa consultants are well-versed in immigration law and can provide expert guidance and assistance throughout the visa application process.

Our student visa consultant and Migration agents  understand the importance of a smooth and successful student visa application process. Our experienced team of student visa consultants and Migration Agents in Australia can guide you through the requirements and assist you in preparing a strong application that meets all the criteria. Our Perth Migration Agents provide personalized assistance and ensure that all your documentation is in order. 

As professional visa consultants in Australia, we stay updated with the latest immigration policies and changes, ensuring that you receive reliable and up-to-date advice throughout the process.

FAQs –

How can I be exempted from showing evidence of English proficiency?

You are exempted from showing evidence of English language proficiency if you meet one of below criteria:

  1. You are a citizen and hold a passport from the UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
  2. Have completed 5 years study from Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
  3. Have completed substantial components of cert IV, higher AQF level or Senior secondary certificate of education from Australia in English language.
  4. You are a Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored student, or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES).
  5. Enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course.

Do I need to show funds even if I apply for a visa onshore?

It depends on your country and college/university profile. We can advise you about this when we are presented with more details.

Why do document requirements vary for different student profiles?

Though most of the documents remain the same, requirements such as English language and funds evidence can vary from case to case basis mainly because the checklist is based on country and college/university ranking.

Why should I use Indeedvisa for my student visa?

Indeedvisa prides itself on always providing advice by keeping only the best interests of our clients. We provide information upfront so that you can make an informed decision. We believe in ethical and integral practices and in providing tailor-made services.

How much funds are required for a student visa in Australia?

Students are normally required to provide evidence of appropriate funds to pay for tuition fees and living expenses. Students are required to show funds equivalent to one year tuition fees, one year living expense, insurance and travel expenses.

As of 2021 update – 12-month living costs are:

Students or guardians – AUD21,041

If you have a partner with you, an additional AUD7,362

If you have a child with you, for each child, an additional AUD3,152 (plus tuition fees if child is of school age)

What are English requirements for Student visa Australia?

You must take an English test 2 years before the application of the student visa

English Language Test Score required If combined with 10 Weeks ELICOS If combined with 20 Weeks ELICOS
IELTS 5.5 5 4.5
PTE 42 36 30
TOEFL 46 35 32
Cambridge English: Advanced 162 154 147
Occupational English Test B or each module N/A N/A

Partners Universities