This is great news for those of you who have been waiting to migrate to WA.
Western Australia secured 8,140 places for 2022-23 in the government’s state nominated migration program, which is 4,160 more than last year. These latest changes will enable people to migrate easily to Western Australia on skilled migration visas.
Now, before we discuss why we feel excited, let us take a step back and break down the WA state nomination requirements for the 2022-23 program year.
Western Australia State Nomination – Let’s start with the basics!
Here are the most recent conditions on how to apply for Western Australia state nomination Visa. This procedure must be followed by all candidates seeking state nominations.
- You must have evidence of skill assessment for your nominated occupation from assessment authority.
- Check whether your nominated occupation falls in category of Graduate stream, Schedule 2 or Schedule 1.
- You must submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect after completion of skill assessment.
- You must mention whether you’re applying for WA state nomination or any state/territory in your application (choose your preferred state as WA if want to get invited for Western Australia).
- To be chosen for a Skilled Nominated Visa 190 or Skilled Regional Visa 491, you meet the requirements set by Home Affairs. Note: Getting a nomination from Western Australia does not guarantee your visa to be accepted by the Department of Home Affairs.
- To receive the invitation, you should meet the Department of Home Affairs’ minimum point requirements. To be qualified for the invitation to apply for a visa, you must have a score of at least 65.
- An applicant may or may not require job offer and/or experience for the nominated occupation from combined list of WA depending upon subclass (190/491) and state nomination stream. If you are nominated, you should do the following things:
- You must notify the Settlement Service Team of your arrival.
- If applying for Subclass 190, You must agree to live and work in Western Australia for at least two years.
- If applying for Subclass 491, You must agree to live and work in Western Australia until Subclass 191 is granted.
- You must complete a settlement survey every six months for these two years.
Do you know how many visa categories there are for you?
There are two skill nomination visa categories:
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190):
- A permanent visa that allows you to live and work in all the areas of Australia is called a subclass 190 skilled nomination Visa. You make commitment to live in Western Australia for initial 2 years once visa is approved.
- You must score 60 on your Australia Immigration Points Test to apply for this visa. The nomination from Western Australia will give you 5 points which will be automatically added to your expression of interest in SkillSelect.
· Skilled work regional provisional visa (Subclass 491):
- Subclass 491 Visa is a provisional four-year visa that allows you to live and work in a region of Western Australia including Perth. You must have lived and worked in Western Australia for at least three years and make more than 53,900 AUD before applying for permanent residence.
- You must score 50 on your Australia Immigration Points Test to apply for this visa. The nomination from regional Western Australia will give you 15 extra points, which will be added to your expression of interest in SkillSelect.
Your ranking is determined by a lot of factors, including but not limited to:
- Currently residing in Western Australia
- currently residing in another Australian state or territory
- currently residing offshore
- highest EOI points score
- Oldest EOI submission date
This is mostly not straightforward, so always consult a migration agent to plan your visa.
What is so special about the 2022-23 program year?
We can now talk about why we are so thrilled about the upcoming program year now that you have a basic understanding of how state nomination Australia works.
The graduate occupation list just received a considerable expansion. It will have approximately more than 350 occupations when the new program year begins. Western Australia has been allocated 5,350 spots for Subclass 190 and 2,790 spots for Subclass 491. Amongst 140+ new occupations, critical additions to the occupation list include but are not limited to:
- Architectural draftsperson / Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians NEC
- Trade occupations such as Bricklayer, Carpenter, Fitter-Welder, Metal Fitters and Machinists nec
- Child care centre manager
- Dental-related occupations
- Engineering occupations such as Electrical Engineering Draftsperson, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering Technician, Electronics Engineer
- Family support worker, Community worker, Disabilities Services Officer
- Medical Diagnostic Radiographer, Medical Practitioners, Medical Technicians
- ICT business analyst/manager, Support engineer, Database Administrator, Software and applications programmer, ICT support technician nec , Network Administrator, Network Analyst, Systems Analyst
- Hair dresser
- Enrolled Nurse / Nurse Educator / Nurse Manager
Furthermore, since the start of year, the WA state nomination competition will continue to open to offshore applicants, i.e., those residing outside of Australia. This provides prospective applicants with another alternative when considering relocation to Australia. Western Australia will also continue to use the capabilities of these brilliant individuals from other countries to address labour market shortages and post-pandemic recovery.
So, the final question is – why should you move to Western Australia?
- Western Australia continued to succeed and remain relatively safe during the pandemic while appreciating one of the world’s best economies.
- There are low levels of unemployment and substantial demand for skilled employees.
- We all know how amazing the lifestyle is and just what an incredible place it is to call home.
Come and build a life in Western Australia.
If you are interested in migrating to Western Australia, you should get in touch with us now. This can be a complex and lengthy process, but you will be in the right hands with our professional team.
The road to Australia migration and relocation to Australia is not always easy. This is where Indeedvisa comes in. Let us make the immigration process as smooth for you as possible with our experience and knowledge- why not call us today?