A partner visa (Temporary) allows a de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, an Australian PR holder or an eligible New Zealand citizen to reunite with their partner in Australia temporarily. This is the first step towards the permanent partner visa.
You must be in a committed, exclusive relationship for at least 12 months before you apply for the visa. Your relationship must be genuine and ongoing. This can be proved by mutual commitment, shared financial responsibilities, social aspects of your relationship or by explaining the nature of your household.
- Applicant must be in a de facto relationship or married to an Australian citizen or an Australian PR holder
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Never had a visa refusal or cancellation before
After you have had the temporary visa for 2 years, you can apply for a Partner visa that is permanent and will get you a PR.
To apply for a permanent visa as a partner, the eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must have had a Partner Visa (Temporary) for about 2 years
- You must still be in a relationship with your partner who is sponsoring you
- You must have lived with your partner in Australia for 2 years
To know more about applying for a partner/fiance visa for Australia, connect with a registered migration agent and they can guide you with customised solutions for your case.
At IndeedVisa, we have a 99% success rate and have handled tough cases including visa refusals and cancellations. Our registered migration agents will answer all queries and will help you submit decision-ready applications. We believe that consultants should be trustworthy and thus, we maintain confidentiality about your case and applications. To book a consultation for your visa application, connect with