Student Visa

How can I be exempted from showing evidence of English proficiency?

You are exempted from showing evidence of English language proficiency if you meet one of below criteria:

  • You are a citizen and hold a passport from the UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
  • Have completed 5 years study from Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
  • Have completed substantial components of cert IV, higher AQF level or Senior secondary certificate of education from Australia in English language.
  • You are a Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored student, or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES).
  • Enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course.
  • Meet the Australian health requirements (health examination may be required)

Do I need to show funds even if I apply for a visa onshore?

It depends on your country and college/university profile. We can advise you about this when we are presented with more details.

Why do document requirements vary for different student profiles?

Though most of the documents remain the same, requirements such as English language and funds evidence can vary from case to case basis mainly because the checklist is based on country and college/university ranking.

Why should I use Indeedvisa for my student visa?

Indeedvisa prides itself on always providing advice by keeping only the best interests of our clients. We provide information upfront so that you can make an informed decision. We believe in ethical and integral practices and in providing tailor-made services.

How much funds are required for a student visa in Australia?

Students are normally required to provide evidence of appropriate funds to pay for tuition fees and living expenses. Students are required to show funds equivalent to one year tuition fees, one year living expense, insurance and travel expenses.

As of 2021 update – 12-month living costs are:

Students or guardians – AUD21,041

If you have a partner with you, an additional AUD7,362

If you have a child with you, for each child, an additional AUD3,152 (plus tuition fees if child is of school age)

What are English requirements for Student visa Australia?

You must take an English test 2 years before the application of the student visa

English Language Test Score required If combined with 10 Weeks ELICOS If combined with 20 Weeks ELICOS
IELTS 5.5 5 4.5
PTE 42 36 30
TOEFL 46 35 32
Cambridge English: Advanced 162 154 147
Occupational English Test B or each module N/A N/A