If you are planning to migrate to Australia as a partner of an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you are eligible for a prospective marriage visa or Partner visa. There are certain guidelines that specify whether you qualify to migrate to Australia or not. The partner visa has two categories:
Prospective marriage visa (Subclass 300)
The prospective marriage Visa category allows you to enter Australia to marry your partner (who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident).
Partner visa (Subclass 309/100)
This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis that you are married or in a de facto relationship with your Australian citizen. The partner temporary visa (Subclass 309) permits you to enter or stay in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent visa. The subclass 309 visa allows you to work and study in Australia. When applying for a fiancé visa Australia makes sure to go through all the guidelines properly as new conditions are added from time to time and avoid some basic mistakes made by a lot many applicants. The most common mistakes are:
1. Not being consistent: By being consistent it means having all your documents in place. Being inconsistent with your documents is a very bad impression on the immigration official reviewing your application. When you are applying for a partner visa in Australia, you need to submit multiple documents. Unlike the other visa categories, this one has a lot of documentation that is repeatedly needed. Details like address, certain information about your relationship, travel and another history. This might seem like a lot but if your documentation is inconsistent your supplication will get rejected or delayed. Make sure every document attached is properly verified because documentation is used as evidence to your relationship.
2. Mismanaged evidence: Another mistake that is made by a lot of applicants is conflicting your evidence. For example, moving while your visa application is processed. Due to the long processing times that can apply to any partner visas, a lot of applicants might end up switching addresses in that period of time. If that happens to be the case then it is recommended to change the updates in the documentation. Both the partners should have the same address, different addresses create an air of doubt for the immigration office and the visa might be granted or they might consider your relationship terminated.
3. Lack of evidence: Another common mistake made by a lot of people is making your relationship statement brief. The main part of a partner visa is the foundation of your application that majorly relies on your relationship statement. It is important to make sure that you get this part right. A lot of people take this part for granted and do not give it much time. It is highly recommended to spend at least 5-8 hours on your relationship statement. As we know that your relationship statement is the main foundation of your application, make sure that it is properly described and is long. This creates transparency and authenticity to your application which automatically makes it easier to get accepted.
4. Conviction of your statement: Many people when writing about their relationship tend to get vague about the timelines and key dates in your relationship. Make sure to mention the timeline and dates properly when you are writing your relationship statement, this helps the immigration office to believe in your application. Your visa application will only be accepted if the immigration office believes that the foundation of your relationship is truly formed. While dates and timelines are important, other details like when you met your partner? When did you get committed? When did you get engaged ? When did you get married? All of these details should be proper and stuck to the timelines.
5. Personal touch: When we talk about personal touch in your visa application it is solely, to be honest to your application and make sure you keep your emotions in your application. Your application should have realness to it. Mention your emotion and faithfulness to each other. Your relationship statement should feel personal and not technical. At the same time do not overdo it. While writing just keeps your honest emotion in check and do not try to include convincing terms.
These are some of the basic mistakes that are made by a lot of applicants but can cost you a lot. If you really want to make sure that your application gets accepted, get some outside help from consultants. Migration consultants will help you to be aware and also guide you step by step for your visa application and documentation. Basically, their job is to ease out the entire migration process for you. Another benefit of consultants is that they are aware of the new conditions and requirements made by the immigration office.