Everything you should know before applying for an Australian skilled migration visa

There are a lot of options for people looking to move to Australia on a Skilled Migration visa. 

Some of the various streams are listed below: 

Skilled Independent visa – subclass 189

This visa is an apt choice for skilled workers looking to migrate to Australia permanently. 

Under this stream, you need no sponsors but you need an invite to apply. It is used to fill Australia’s skill shortages. 

Once the visa is granted, you can live and work anywhere in Australia and will eventually have the option for citizenship.

Skilled Nominated visa – subclass 190 

This visa stream is for skilled workers that are nominated by a state or territory of Australia. 

This stream is also for people looking to move to Australia permanently.

Skilled workers applying for this visa must be willing to settle and remain working in the state or territory that is nominating them for up to 2 years.  

Skilled Regional visa – subclass 491

This is a provisional visa and allows you to stay and work in regional Australia for up to 5 years. 

You need to be nominated by a state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible Australian relative. 

To understand which visa stream is the correct option for you and your profile, you should consider connecting with a registered migration consultant with experience with such cases.

IndeedVisa can provide you with customised solutions and clear, precise information regarding all your queries. We are one of the best migration consultants in Australia and can help you with all visa services. Our 99% success rate, even with the toughest cases, is proof to the fact that we can help you submit a decision-ready application. To book a session, contact us

Everything you should know before applying for a Partner Visa for Australia

A partner visa (Temporary) allows a de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, an Australian PR holder or an eligible New Zealand citizen to reunite with their partner in Australia temporarily. This is the first step towards the permanent partner visa.

You must be in a committed, exclusive relationship for at least 12 months before you apply for the visa. Your relationship must be genuine and ongoing. This can be proved by mutual commitment, shared financial responsibilities, social aspects of your relationship or by explaining the nature of your household. 

Eligibility requirements

  • Applicant must be in a de facto relationship or married to an Australian citizen or an Australian PR holder
  • Must be over 18 years of age
  • Meet the health and character requirements
  • Never had a visa refusal or cancellation before

After you have had the temporary visa for 2 years, you can apply for a Partner visa that is permanent and will get you a PR.

To apply for a permanent visa as a partner, the eligibility requirements are as follows:

  • Must have had a Partner Visa (Temporary) for about 2 years
  • You must still be in a relationship with your partner who is sponsoring you
  • You must have lived with your partner in Australia for 2 years

To know more about applying for a partner/fiance visa for Australia, connect with a registered migration agent and they can guide you with customised solutions for your case. 

At IndeedVisa, we have a 99% success rate and have handled tough cases including visa refusals and cancellations. Our registered migration agents will answer all queries and will help you submit decision-ready applications. We believe that consultants should be trustworthy and  thus, we maintain confidentiality about your case and applications.  To book a consultation for your visa application, connect with